Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer

Default garden club

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am interested in starting a garden club in the San Diego area. I
have a great way to get the word out but have no previous experience
with garden clubs. How can we wean our way into being a club as we set
out to be educated and have a fun time getting together?

Define the purpose of the club, and what activities will help you achieve
the purpose. Do this before anything else, or the thing will fizzle quickly.

There are some other clubs in your general area that you may wish to
contact. You can find them listed at www.ergonica.com on the Garden
Clubs page. They are listed by state and city in alpha order, so you
can find them quickly. If you haven't participated in a garden club
before, you should get involved with a club to see what you like and
don't like.

Have fun!