Old 07-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Raised Beds

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 05:50:32 -0700, "Dwayne"
wrote:

A friend of mine has his own cement mixer (they can be rented or even bought
fairly reasonable). Or you can get a cement truck to deliver it after you
have the frame work built. He has some lumber in his garage and builds a
two sided frame around his raised garden borders, and pours cement inside
the two sided frame.

This would be a great way to do it. I don't believe we can
manage the work or expense, but I wish we could.

Doesn't fresh concrete leach a great deal of lime or something similar
for the first year or two? If so you'd need to check and probably modify
the Ph levels.

--
It's turtles - all the way down!