Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 PM posted to austin.gardening
David Wright

Default Heirloom tomatoes

"harriswest" wrote in message

David,

My experience with solar set is that it doesn't taste very good - wet
cardboard - nor is it terribly prolific during the worst of the heat
despite the claims - maybe a good thing considering its flavor G!

YMMV and maybe they've improved the hybrid; good luck and let us know.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Thanks, Mike. I'll be trying about ten tomatoes I know nothing about (as
well as a few I do), and intend to keep good records. Maybe this will be one
of those "negative results are just as good as positive" summers.

David