Old 07-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default String Algae

I wish I could give you the science behind it: I just know that many swear
by them, and some even use massive versions of a TT as their sole source of
filtration. Basically, a trickle tower (TT) is a tall, open structure (it
can be a shell made of lava rock, it can be a tube made from aluminum
fencing, it can be anything), into which bio media is placed, such as more
lava rock, bio balls, matala matting, whatever. The water flows through the
media, from the top and out the bottom WITHOUT EVER LETTING THE WATER STAND
IN THE TUBE. It's a wet/dry filter. Do a search on google or something for
"trickle towers" and you'll find more info than you ever dreamed of.

Lee

"joe" wrote in message
Lee Brouillet wrote:

a trickle
tower (which is what I'm gonna try THIS year).

More information please. What's a trickle tower?

Joe