Old 07-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Ken Saunders

Default Can I chop height off: (1) gum tree (2) leylandii

"Rosie" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have about 80 foot of gum tree/eucalyptus - if I chop half the height off,
will it continue to grow upwards okay?

I also have three leylandii which are about 100 foot - if I chop half the
height of these, will they continue to grow okay?

I am getting a tree surgeon in for this of course, I am not going to attempt
it myself with scissors or anything, but I want to make sure he answers
correctly.

Thanks!
ROSIE

Hi Rosie...I once took 6ft off a 30ft Leylandii and it had all
grown back by the time I got down the ladder.cheers Ken