Old 07-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Wendy

Default Aargh! Blasted Orchids!

Oh noooooooooooooo! Not your V. Rev. Masao Yamada, I was waiting to see a
photo.
I can tell you this much Di, that its not the cold as mine is in an eclosed
area with no heat
& it has been in the 40's here in S.Cal. Don't even have the humidity that
you have.
Are you growing outside, forgive me, I have forgotton?
If so it could be from herbicide spraying in your area?
Cheers Wendy
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I'm so ticked I could spit! Four plants blasted their spikes this week.
Nowhere near each other, not sick, no bugs, no excuse. One was a bargain
Phal that I bought in spike, so I'll live through it until next year. One
was an Enc. randii that I've been waiting for with great anticipation.

One
day a spike, the next day a brown stalk. And just to add insult to

injury,
a large V. Rev. Masao Yamada had three fat spikes on it, and all three are
toast.

And, out of 150 orchids, it's going to be a chore to find enough in bloom

do a little table top display for our local show next week.

Could it all be leftover stress from the rotten up and down winter we had
down here?

Diana