Old 08-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] Jaboticaba (Myrciaria cauliflora) tips?

Hi, Shireen:

Jaboticaba (also spelled Jabotacaba) is a wonderful plant for indoors. It
can tolerate surprisingly low light levels - If you have a South window that
gets too hot, just move it across the room! I fyou keep it in the window,
don't forget to turn it so that all sides get equal light.

The only print article I know of is in the BCI magazine, Bonsai May/June
1993 (about 3 pages)

The issue can be ordered at

http://www.bonsai-bci.com/backsale/backsale.html

There is also a species guide at:

http://www.bonsai-bci.com/species/jaboticaba.html

In the summer, it will be happier out of doors in light shade.

Where are you located?

Bart