Old 12-02-2006, 06:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default Killing weeds

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:13:45 -0800, gary c wrote:

My garden contains "GOOD" plants (roses, Mexican Heather plants, a
barberry shrub, a crape mytle tree, a redbud tree, gazanias and other
shrubs).

Throughout the garden there are "BAD" plants [weeds (i.e., common
purslane, common groundsel, spurge, etc) and ornamental strawberry vines].

Will Bandini Pro-Choice Weed & Feed kill the "BAD" plants without harming
the "GOOD" plants?

Should I hand-pull the "BAD" plants before applying the Weed & Feed?

Good day Gary.
In a "garden" setting, no it will not work the way you wish. I have never
heard of Bandini so I looked them up. Their web site is gone. I would
suspect that the company has gone away also. Maybe not but who knows. PAN
( http://www.pesticideinfo.org/ ) has a listing of the chemicals. Those
chems are : Dicamba, 2,4-d and Mecoprop.

These chemicals will affect your garden plants along with the
weeds.....sorry.
--
http://resources.ywgc.com/