Old 12-02-2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster

Default Killing weeds

On 11 Feb 2006 15:13:45 -0800, gary c wrote:

Will Bandini Pro-Choice Weed & Feed kill the "BAD" plants without
harming the "GOOD" plants?

No.

Should I hand-pull the "BAD" plants before applying the Weed & Feed?

Handpull and use a straight fertilizer if desired, but not a weed-and-feed
type product. If you read the label, I'm pretty sure it's intended
for lawns, but the website is not available at the moment -- a listing
of the active ingredients looks like the standard "I'm going to kill anything
but grass in this lawn or turn blue" list. Always, ALWAYS
read the label completely before applying any pesticide.

Much safer choice: pull or hoe weeds, apply mulch thick enough to be
weed-suppressive.