Old 08-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Aquatic-store.com

Default white slime on airstone from C02 bubbling?

Sounds like you have a co2 setup and the moisture from your diy setup
is doing it. I do not think it will hurt anything but I would clean
it off .

Marcus

Check out our updated store with co2 equipment, lighting, live plants
and more

http://www.Aquatic-Store.com

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:42:52 GMT, "Dave M. Picklyk"
wrote:

I've been getting a white slime building up on my white airstonee when I
have C02 bubbling through it...it's gets quite annoying since I have to
clean it every few days. What is this material? Is it harmless to the fish?
What stone does not react with the C02?---is the Rena micro fine bubbler
good for this?

Thanx!
Dave.