Old 11-02-2006, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle-C

Default Prevention of "rust" and "black spot" in rose bushes ?

Hi folks, an old chesnut no doubt, but i suffered terribly from "black
spot" last year and although I got a reasonable bloom of roses the
leaves look seriously ill. This time I am going for prevention and
early supression. I've read about various antidotes but which have been
the most successful ? I thought if I tackled the problem within the
next 4-6 weeks I may not suffer from the same malaise I did last year.
I regulaly endeavoured to remove any fallen and affected leaves which
showd signs of the fungus but no doubt there are still spores on the
ground nr the base of the rose bush. I would rather avoid the use of
nasty chemicals if possible !!!!!

Thanks !!
Uncle-C