Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DaveJ

Default Wind Resistant Container Plants

"dibber" wrote in message

Hi There

We live in a basement flat in West London. Entrance to both our front
door and our garden is via a passage (with its own door) which runs
down the side of the house. The passage is about 4 foot wide by 25 feet
long and opens into a relatively large garden. We own the passageway.

I'd like to put some plants in containers to brighten it up but I know
that many plants don't like wind and there can be a bit of a wind
tunnel effect at times. Would bamboo work here?? Any other suggestions.

Small leaved hebe-not too large a variety.