Old 08-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Hal

Default toads in MD

Only your local friends can help you and you may have to keep in contact
and keep the idea alive. My friends didn't believe I really wanted
toads. I happened to be talking to one at the right time and was
invited to bring a bucket. When I showed up with a bucket they were
surprised.

I had not seen a toad in the yard for something like 10 years before I
brought some home, but I have plenty now. Some matings produce so
many toads they are everywhere and I use a light to keep from stepping
on the little ones. The youngest grandson came over a couple years
back just as the young toads were leaving the pond and caught 25 in just
a few minutes and wanted to catch some more and take them all home.
His mom convinced him to leave some here.

Regards,

Hal

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:37:06 -0500, wrote:

When do toads in Maryland start mating (so I know when to ask my ponding
friends for tadpoles, as no toads have ever found my pond. Thus, I need
imports.)