Old 13-02-2006, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris

Default Another probably daft question: what can I grow under raspberries?

In article .com,
() wrote:

I have a new bed in my garden and I put in some raspberry canes. I'm
wondering if I can grow much under them, for ground cover?

I have *Ivy* trying to invade my Raspberry patch and not doing very
well!

My mother suggested alpine strawberries - which I think will
be OK in some shade, but alpine strawberries are her answer to
everything, and if she had her way the whole garden would be covered
in them.

They are very good. Exquisite taste, longer season, better looking
plants than "ordinary" strawberries and pretty tolerant.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/