Old 13-02-2006, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Another probably daft question: what can I grow under raspberries?

In article ,
Steve Harris wrote:
In article .com,
() wrote:

I have a new bed in my garden and I put in some raspberry canes. I'm
wondering if I can grow much under them, for ground cover?

I have *Ivy* trying to invade my Raspberry patch and not doing very
well!

Ivy likes quite a lot of water compared to rocket. As the problem
will be shortage of water in summer, the latter is more likely to
do well. All right, that probably means that parsley wouldn't do
well, either.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.