Old 14-02-2006, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Wind Resistant Container Plants

On 14/2/06 10:57, in article
, "tahiri"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

snip seen Lonicera
nitida grown as a pillar and assume one could keep it as 'thin' or as
'bushy' as wanted. What do you think, Janet?

But what about its container? Anything grown as a pillar in a windy
spot, will need a subsatntial container to prevent getting blown over.
My containers-in-windy-places are at least 24" across; there wouldn't be
enough room to site them in a 4ft wide alley and still have free access.

Be fair Janet, they are in London. Their 'wind tunnel' is probably more like
your gentle breeze. Its probably worth a try in something smaller.
T.

No idea who you are or what your credentials are for that statement but
'wind tunnels' in London can be pretty appalling. And I write this as the
person who made the Lonicera in tubs suggestion. Only the OP can tell us if
it's a stiff breeze, a howling gale or a mere zephyr, don't you think?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk