Old 15-02-2006, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Plants of Distinction & Plantsman

On 15/2/06 5:24 pm, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

Yes but ... anybody ordering a catalogue or seeds from him is given
the wrong address.
He does want to receive orders for 2006 or not?
In the meantime my friend in France has ordered from elsewhere.

Ordered what? Exotic climbing plants he can only get in England? That is
Guy's speciality and AFAIK, that is what he will be doing in France.

Add horse radish, hanging lobelia to seeds and plants you can't buy in
France.

Obviously, I'm not going to go into someone else's private business and
their circumstances but this has not been just a question of moving from one
nursery in Devon to another in France in one fluid operation, accomplished
in a couple of weeks. It is inevitable that it will take him some time to
get his business up and running with an appropriate web site. If people
can't wait for exceptional plants from a dedicated plantsman, that's a shame
for them, IMO.
And Suttons, T&M etc. do the seeds you mention - why don't people order from
them if they're desperate for Lobelia (which will turn to hay in the heat
of Bordeaux if left un-watered for one day)? The French have horseradish,
though perhaps they don't use it as much as we do. It's called raifort and
really cannot be impossible to find in France.
I don't *know* what Guy will be selling in France, of course, but I doubt it
will be Lobelia and Horseradish. Certainly, he did not sell such things
before so perhaps neither you nor your French friend have ever looked at his
earlier web site?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk