Old 16-02-2006, 01:05 PM
cubby cubby is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Paton
This may be resurrecting an old subject but I have a huge problem with Mole
hills on my lawn in Brittany, France.
I have tried everything except poison, this I cannot use because I have
three dogs and would not risk their health.
I have found that mole hills do not appear in the parts of the lawns that
have been treated with "Weed & Feed". Does this product have an effect on
the worms in the teated areas or dirctly on the moles? If this is the answer
is it possible to make a weed and feed substitute as the commercial product
is very expensive here in France and my lawns cover a large area.
Any help and advise would be must welcome as would a recipe for weed and
feed.
Many thanks in advance
Gavin
I too had ?have a mole problem in a big way. I tried all the logical and some times plain daft methods recommended. Finally I found that the only reliable way is to trap them using half barrel traps, also known as dufus traps in areas where there are large molehills and scissor traps where the runs are visible as raised ruts on the surface. I get about a 1 in 5 success rate and have the satisfaction of knowing not hoping that I have gotten rid.