Old 16-02-2006, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice

Default Reasonably priced paraffin - Reading Berkshire?

On 16 Feb 2006 04:00:31 -0800, wrote:

Best I can get is Harringtons Coronation Sq Southcote dispensed 1
gallon 3.95

Ward & Co prepacked 4L 4.99

I think it's been mentioned before but "paraffin" is nothing more than
28sec domestic heating oil also know as kerosene. It might have a pretty
pink dye and some perfume added but is that worth £3?

Find someone with oil central heating and slip 'em a couple of quid for a
gallon, the tank should have a drain tap to enable easy filling of a
container. 28sec heating oil is around 35p/l inc VAT @ 5% as it's
doemstic fuel. A gallon is nothing for a boiler, ours will burn that in
an hour... it is a big boiler though a more normal sized one might take
two hours. B-)

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail