Old 16-02-2006, 08:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
higgledy

Default root stimulator

I am planting some herbs indoors. I know that it is way early, but I am
experimenting with about 24 Jiffy-Pellets and a few herbs like basil,
cilantro, and marojorm. (I am getting excited for spring)
Is it a good idea to use root stimulator? I used it to expand the
pellets. The basil and marojarm sprouted within 3 days. It has been 6
days but have not seen any cilantro sprouts. Should I cantinue to water
with a solution of root stimulator?

Also, for grow lights. Can I use normal flourescent tubes or should I
buy special plant light tubes?