Old 17-02-2006, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
peterlsutton

Default Gardening in your area

If you would like urg regulars to help you with queries about growing
things
in your garden in UK, may I suggest that you include your location

somewhere
in the body of your post. It will help members of this group to help you
with regard to what will or won't grow in your area of UK.

I agree location does appear to be very important. I was given a Sidalcea
(variety unknown) by friends a couple of years ago and it has never flowered
for more than two weeks with me, when I have plenty of perennials in my
garden that flower for more than 15 weeks. These friends, who live a mile
away, told me yesterday that this Sidalcea flowers for a least 8 weeks for
them.

Peter - N Yorks - slightly acid - clay - reasonably full sun - perplexed!