Old 16-02-2006, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Gardening in your area

If you would like urg regulars to help you with queries about growing things
in your garden in UK, may I suggest that you include your location somewhere
in the body of your post. It will help members of this group to help you
with regard to what will or won't grow in your area of UK.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-02-2006, 05:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
UkJay

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
If you would like urg regulars to help you with queries about growing
things
in your garden in UK, may I suggest that you include your location
somewhere
in the body of your post. It will help members of this group to help you
with regard to what will or won't grow in your area of UK.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
)

Good Idea Sacha

My wife is really the gardener, but she doesn't seem to be doing much of
that at the moment.
I have noticed that the daffodil stems are starting to show now, so spring
is around the corner
and maybe she will get busy soon?

James

--
http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Garden WebCam
http://tv.earthcam.com/channel/video.php?channel=823164

Garden WebCam Guestbook/Message Portal
http://www.ukjay.co.uk/cgi-bin/guestbook.pl

Stoke-on-Trent

Old 17-02-2006, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "UkJay" contains these words:

My wife is really the gardener, but she doesn't seem to be doing much of
that at the moment.
I have noticed that the daffodil stems are starting to show now, so spring
is around the corner
and maybe she will get busy soon?

Crocus and winter aconites are out, lots of other bulbs poking up, but
snowdrops seem very sparse this year. Areas of woodland which are
normally a carpet of white are bare of them this year.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 17-02-2006, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
peterlsutton

If you would like urg regulars to help you with queries about growing
things
in your garden in UK, may I suggest that you include your location

somewhere
in the body of your post. It will help members of this group to help you
with regard to what will or won't grow in your area of UK.

I agree location does appear to be very important. I was given a Sidalcea
(variety unknown) by friends a couple of years ago and it has never flowered
for more than two weeks with me, when I have plenty of perennials in my
garden that flower for more than 15 weeks. These friends, who live a mile
away, told me yesterday that this Sidalcea flowers for a least 8 weeks for
them.

Peter - N Yorks - slightly acid - clay - reasonably full sun - perplexed!