Old 18-02-2006, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default First primroses...

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:11:55 -0000, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

Would have to be Buzzards in our case to cope with the 2 gal bucket fulls
per week our dog seems to produce in winter/spring, slowing up a bit now
thank goodness.
At present the most noticeable birds are the Jackdaws (we have hundreds in
the village) who will squabble for hours over a stick when there are dozens
of others to be had without an argument! we get showered with sticks all
spring until they have finished building.
But the racket from all the birds has increased dramatically in the last few
days, so lets hope spring progresses in an orderly fashion and doesn't knock
us back after false hopes as last year :~)

In the field adjacent to our garden are three elderly horses grazing
out their days. One is a small shaggy cob with a ginger coat. When the
jackdaws and magpies are nest-building they perch on his back and pull
out the loose hair (I assume he's moulting by then), flying away with
bright ginger moustaches. He doesn't seem to mind, despite their
repeated trips!

And we've had primroses for a couple of weeks now (west Cornwall).

--
Chris