Old 18-02-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default First primroses...

On 18/2/06 7:59, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:
snip

In the field adjacent to our garden are three elderly horses grazing
out their days. One is a small shaggy cob with a ginger coat. When the
jackdaws and magpies are nest-building they perch on his back and pull
out the loose hair (I assume he's moulting by then), flying away with
bright ginger moustaches. He doesn't seem to mind, despite their
repeated trips!

That conjures up a delightful picture - gives a whole new meaning to 'being
in harmony with nature'!

And we've had primroses for a couple of weeks now (west Cornwall).

That's the only problem with the Cornish - they're so boastful...... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk