Old 18-02-2006, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default root stimulator

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:01:10 +0000, Layne wrote:

A heating pad would be a good idea. Just make sure to check the watering
as the soil will dry faster. A heating pad for germinating seeds will keep
the soil several degrees above ambient temps and help keep the roots warm
and help them grow.
Layne

I'm too poor (really I'm too cheap!) for a heating pad. Seeing as seeds
need more heat than light, I put a florescent light on the table, floor
facing up. I place my seed trays on top of the light fixture.The mild heat
from the light is good enough to warm the soil, but not hot enough to hurt
anything. Ofcourse you must not water the flats while _on_ the light or
you'll get a good zap... but this does work.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/photo/