Old 19-02-2006, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Need Aphid Advice

Blast them off with your garden hose!!!

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a cedar bush in my back yard. I do not know what
it is called, but it is blueish green, about 25 foot tall, one
of those bushes people like to trim into various shapes.

Problem: it has aphids. And, it has a HUGE colony of ants
farming the aphids. And, and, a HUMONGOUS squadron on yellow
jackets farming the ants. YIKES!!!!

I figure, if I can get rid of the ahpids, I will loose the
ants and the yellow jackets. Is there any NON-HUMAN TOXIC way
of driving the aphids away? Something that will make the bush
not so yummy to them? Something I can pour into the bush's
water supply? Something that doesn't rot the eyes out of my
head when I spray it on?

Many thanks,
--Tony