Old 19-02-2006, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Need Aphid Advice

That's a complete waste of time and money.

May as well take them out for dinner and dancing too!!!!

Just blast them off with a hose.

"Snooze" wrote in message
et...

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a cedar bush in my back yard. Problem: it has aphids.
I figure, if I can get rid of the ahpids, I will loose the
ants and the yellow jackets. Is there any NON-HUMAN TOXIC way
of driving the aphids away?

There are systemic pesticides, that the plant absorbs, and it kills or
reduces the aphid populations. Such as
http://www.bayeradvanced.com/garden/...tails.cfm?id=3

Not sure if that falls in your threshold of non-human toxic controls.

If you can control the ants, then natural aphid predators, such as
ladybugs can take care of the aphids easily.
Otherwise there's the hose them off method, which rarely seems to be
effective enough for me, but worth a try. Or insecticidal soap, maybe if
you mix Palmolive in one of those miracle-gro type hose sprayer
attachments, it should be able to spray most of the plant, not sure if it
will reach 25'

Good luck.