Old 19-02-2006, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Birdwatching

"Dave wrote
I bought one of those 'Spy Cameras' with transmitter and receiver off
of Ebay and set it up on the bird Table.
Bloody wonderfull shots.

Then couldnt work out why our peanut feeder was empty so quick, so
moved the camera round onto the apple tree.

Gotcha ! it was a woodpecker sneaking down and pecking away at the
nuts.

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

You got me there, I thought you were talking about pigeons, but you are
really talking about woodpeckers, a completely different animal.

I've never known a woodpecker to damage greens.

Alan