Old 19-02-2006, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave the exTrailer

Default Birdwatching

I bought one of those 'Spy Cameras' with transmitter and receiver off
of Ebay and set it up on the bird Table.
Bloody wonderfull shots.

Then couldnt work out why our peanut feeder was empty so quick, so
moved the camera round onto the apple tree.

Gotcha ! it was a woodpecker sneaking down and pecking away at the
nuts.

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!
Old 19-02-2006, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

Rather pleasant, is smoked woodie.

And a lot safer to eat now that mercury dressings can't [1] be used on seeds.

[1] Mayn't...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 19-02-2006, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

What are you going to stick on a post?

If it stops pigeons, then we are all entitled to know!

Alan

Old 19-02-2006, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Dave wrote
I bought one of those 'Spy Cameras' with transmitter and receiver off
of Ebay and set it up on the bird Table.
Bloody wonderfull shots.

Then couldnt work out why our peanut feeder was empty so quick, so
moved the camera round onto the apple tree.

Gotcha ! it was a woodpecker sneaking down and pecking away at the
nuts.

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

We get a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker on our fat ball not the peanuts, it's
only that and the starlings that bother with it.
The Woodies come down to finish up the seed the sparrows have thrown out of
the big bird feeder on the pole, which stops it sprouting. So whilst on the
allotment they destroy all the brassicas and I hate the things in the garden
they do me a favour.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 19-02-2006, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Dave wrote
I bought one of those 'Spy Cameras' with transmitter and receiver off
of Ebay and set it up on the bird Table.
Bloody wonderfull shots.

Then couldnt work out why our peanut feeder was empty so quick, so
moved the camera round onto the apple tree.

Gotcha ! it was a woodpecker sneaking down and pecking away at the
nuts.

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

You got me there, I thought you were talking about pigeons, but you are
really talking about woodpeckers, a completely different animal.

I've never known a woodpecker to damage greens.

Alan

Old 19-02-2006, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:

You got me there, I thought you were talking about pigeons, but you are
really talking about woodpeckers, a completely different animal.

I've never known a woodpecker to damage greens.

Alan

I've been watching a green woodpecker in the garden for the last week
or so. First time I've ever really noticed one. Much bigger and
brightly cooured than expected. I thought it was a parrot at first!

Old 20-02-2006, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave the exTrailer

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:15:11 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

What are you going to stick on a post?

If it stops pigeons, then we are all entitled to know!

Alan

Me camera so I can keep an eye on it from the office indoors

Old 20-02-2006, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim C.

Following up to "Alan Holmes" :

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

What are you going to stick on a post?

I thought he meant the woodpecker.
--
Tim C.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Tim C." wrote in message
Following up to "Alan Holmes" :

This summer Im going to stick it on a post facing me cabbages and
greens to let me know when the woodies attack.
Then........smoked Wood Pigeon !!!!!!!!

What are you going to stick on a post?

I thought he meant the woodpecker.

I don't thnkl I'd like to see a woodpecker smoked, pigeons yes, woodpecker,
no!

Alan

--
Tim C.