Old 21-02-2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jim McQuiggin

Default Mail order source for quantity discount of mint plants?

"Fragile Warrior" wrote in
:

Hi all,
I want to run mint along a very long fence line this spring (100'+
or so) and I was wondering if there is a good mail order source
for lots of plants with maybe a discount for quantity. I'd
really love chocolate mint but I'll take the other kinds, too.

If I could find it growing wild, I'd steal it in mass quantities
but so far, no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

Do you have any idea how invasive mint is??? Within a couple of
years, you will have your 100' of length and also 100' of depth! Now,
if you're planning to put them in secure containers almost buried
into the ground, it might work for you.

I have about a dozen varieties of mints (kept solely as novelties)
and I've learned to keep them very much under control! Once they
escape, it takes a lot of work to get them back. But they are lovely,
and yes, chocolate mint is one of my favourites, too.

Jim
Zone 6, Niagara