Old 09-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Robyn Rhudy

Default toads in MD

I'm in Central MD. According to my old pond newsletters, the male toads
started calling on 4/13/02. The years before, it was April but also May.
My pond was open for business the second week of May 1997 and toads bred
then. The wood frogs are due now so I'm keeping an ear out. They didn't
come last year but it was a severe drought. They came in 2000 and 2001 to
breed though.

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 wrote:

When do toads in Maryland start mating (so I know when to ask my ponding
friends for tadpoles, as no toads have ever found my pond. Thus, I need
imports.)

Alan

**** Please use address
to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ -
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
_ _
(o)____(o) ---ribbit
_/ oo \_