Old 21-02-2006, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Charles Quinn

Default Ants

Sue wrote in
:

In a week or so (or later depending on which I decide) I'll be
planting either peas or green beans in an area I've not planted
before. I was digging there today (getting rid of the clay so I can
put in some decent top soil ) and noticed what must be a huge ant
colony. Thousands of ants. I know from sad experience what they can
do to a corn crop. Does anyone know what I can use to eradicate them
before I plant? Or will they not harm the peas or beans?
Sue - San Joaquin Valley CA

Boiling water. It's organic!

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved