Old 21-02-2006, 04:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

Default Mail order source for quantity discount of mint plants?

"Fragile Warrior" wrote in message
Hi all,
I want to run mint along a very long fence line this spring (100'+ or so)
and I was wondering if there is a good mail order source for lots of
plants with maybe a discount for quantity. I'd really love chocolate
mint but I'll take the other kinds, too.

If I could find it growing wild, I'd steal it in mass quantities but so
far, no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

Just plant 1 plant then wait 3 years. You'll have the fence line and most of
the yard covered in mint. Mint is highly invasive, it is not recommended
that you plant mint in the ground, you will no doubt regret it later.

Read this for a greater explanation:
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/herbs/mint.html

-S