Old 09-03-2003, 12:48 AM
shazzbat

Default garlic chives

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:49:39 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

I recently found a packet of seeds called garlic chives, or "lazy

garlic"
claiming to be a chive-like plant with a garlic flavour/aroma. Anyone

tried
it? And was it any good?

There are actually two distinct species called "garlic chives":
Allium tuberosum and (iirc) Allium racemosum. One has white
flowers and the other mauve flowers, but I can't tell you which
species is which color.

Garlic chives (usually white-flowered) are a common item in
Chinese produce markets here. Try putting them in a stir-fry.

Thanks everyone. Easy to grow and stir-fryable sounds like right up my
street. Sowing tomorrow.

Thanks again

Shazzbat