Old 21-02-2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Where can I find silver spruce (PICEA pungens)?

Your best bet at this time of the year would be the American Conifer
Society seed exchange. However, you should be aware that these
varieties do not come true from seed. Most of the seedlings will have
some bluish color but the odds that any one seedling will be as blue as
the parent are extremely low.

-beeky

raresh wrote:

Does anybody know where can I find (buy) seeds of
PICEA pungens 'Hoopsi', PICEA pungens 'Bakeri', PICEA pungens 'Fat
Albert' or any form that has real silvery color?

Thank you!