Old 21-02-2006, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Aaron Hicks

Default Sharpie woes

Ray's scanner techniques have already been mentioned, but I'd like
to weigh in on the use of paint pens- but a different brand that has
already been suggested. The Sakura "Ident-I-Pens" are inexpensive and work
well. Sharpie fades under fluorescent lights after a few months; Sakura
paint pens last for at least 5 years with no change in legibility. The
difference between Sharpies and paint pens is that the former use dyes,
which can change, while the latter use pigments, which are much less
susceptible to change.

They're inexpensive, and the pens I've used have lasted at least a
year.

The address in the header isn't valid. Send no email there.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ