Old 22-02-2006, 08:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Where can I find silver spruce (PICEA pungens)?

The nice thing about small seedlings is that they often grow faster with
less transplanting shock than larger specimens. I bought an Atlas cedar
seedling no more than 10 inches high for $8 somewhere, and a year later a
much larger specimen (5-6 feet tall) for about $40. Within the 2 years
since then, the 10 inch speciman has nearly caught up with the much larger
one.
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"raresh" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know where can I find (buy) seeds of
PICEA pungens 'Hoopsi', PICEA pungens 'Bakeri', PICEA pungens 'Fat
Albert' or any form that has real silvery color?

Thank you!

If you're discouraged by beeky's comments on seeds not matching the
parents (which is often true), and your desire for seeds is to save money,
you might take a look at www.musserforests.com. They sell small plants in
quantities of 5 or 10. Cheaper than buying big plants at a nursery, not as
cheap as seeds, but it still might suit your purposes.