Old 22-02-2006, 10:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Treedweller

Default Yes...I know... a Jade plant question...

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:33:01 GMT, "Cereus-validus-..........."
wrote:

You didn't read the account very carefully at all, did you?

They never said the stems were soft and mushy, they said the leaves were
dropping and the stem segments disarticulating.

Those are signs of malathion poisoning not over watering, you clown. The
poisoned joints will not root and the plant will eventually die no matter
what you do. The plant's metabolism has been completely screwed up by a
chemical poison and the condition is not reversible.

.. . . or the OP did not describe the situation very well, or the
"mushy" stage has already passed, or some other problem has developed
that none of us has considered. Each of which is just as likely as a
poison fairy visiting the house while they were on vacation. Since
you mostly answer questions with sarcasm, it wasn't/isn't even clear
yet if you believe that's a possibility (see "The Boy Who Cried
'Wolf'").

And if you are right, there is nothing that can be done. If I am
right, there may be time to save the plant. So, what the heck, I'll
put on my asbestos suit and disagree with the resident bully.