Old 23-02-2006, 02:25 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default pump recommendations?

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:33:24 -0600, "David" wrote:

I have been using a Pondmaster Pump in my pond. It is a 1500 gph pump and
has been a pretty good pump, although I have had to replace the impeller
twice. It recently died and I was wondering what other options are out
there. I need a pump that is low maintenance and can handle a bit of abuse
if I don't clean my pre-filter as often as I should. Any advice?

Where is the pump in your system? Most submersibles will go belly up faster
when having to pump dirty water over clean. My beckett lasted 7-8 years as
it is at the end of the filter system. Whereas I've heard in the pond with
no protection they can die within 6 months. Perhaps a different pre-filter,
simple clam-shelling in 2 mesh basket? This method can really protect a
pump and make it last longer. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~