Old 23-02-2006, 01:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
David

Default pump recommendations?

I have been using a Pondmaster Pump in my pond. It is a 1500 gph pump and
has been a pretty good pump, although I have had to replace the impeller
twice. It recently died and I was wondering what other options are out
there. I need a pump that is low maintenance and can handle a bit of abuse
if I don't clean my pre-filter as often as I should. Any advice?

Old 23-02-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Just what you had, a pondmaster mag drive by Danner. A lot of various
things can cause impellers to go south. Check out wlim pumps,
somewhat more expensive but IIRC he makes a submersible type, but the
majority ofhis pumps are external types, and probably the cadillacs or
BMW of pond pumps. Its hard to top a Pondmaster for economical use and
longevity and puling and replacing an impeller is quick and easy, and
rthey canbe run outside as well as submerged, so that tells me they
have a good set of field windings that can take the heat and not burn
out, unlike all the other brands that would toast themselves in short
order or tear up a seal.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 23-02-2006, 02:25 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:33:24 -0600, "David" wrote:

I have been using a Pondmaster Pump in my pond. It is a 1500 gph pump and
has been a pretty good pump, although I have had to replace the impeller
twice. It recently died and I was wondering what other options are out
there. I need a pump that is low maintenance and can handle a bit of abuse
if I don't clean my pre-filter as often as I should. Any advice?

Where is the pump in your system? Most submersibles will go belly up faster
when having to pump dirty water over clean. My beckett lasted 7-8 years as
it is at the end of the filter system. Whereas I've heard in the pond with
no protection they can die within 6 months. Perhaps a different pre-filter,
simple clam-shelling in 2 mesh basket? This method can really protect a
pump and make it last longer. ~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-02-2006, 03:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"David" wrote in message
I have been using a Pondmaster Pump in my pond. It is a 1500 gph pump and
has been a pretty good pump, although I have had to replace the impeller
twice. It recently died and I was wondering what other options are out
there. I need a pump that is low maintenance and can handle a bit of
abuse
if I don't clean my pre-filter as often as I should. Any advice?

==================
We have a Beckett Big Versa since 1996. It runs 6 months of the year. Only
once did water leak into it because the seal wasn't set correctly but it did
no harm. We dried it out, put it back together and it was as good as new.
We do clam-basket it between 2 pond-plant pots to keep the larger crud from
getting into the impeller area.

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Note: There are two Koi-Lo's on the Aquaria groups.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 23-02-2006, 01:03 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Well thats certainly different from the last story on your pump, as
you bitched and moaned because it created problems when it died. Whats
the matter asshole can;t you keep your lies straight anymore? And yu
also claimed to have Little Gianyts that leaked oil into the water,
and also claimed to have Danners, that were great pumps. Seems you
create and make up shit just to say me "yea, me to" and if the truth
was known yu probbably do not have half of what you say in regards to
your posts, you just like to make shit up and lie...........You can;t
even do test strips in wtaer checks correctly and you certainly do
not have a freeaking clue do you Carol?