Old 23-02-2006, 03:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Black & Decker hedge trimmer needs fixing

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

Technology has moved on a lot in the last eight years and I think you will
find a new tool will cut a few inches further .
Go on treat yourself to a new tool .

And some of these new ones are a great deal better than B&D IME - a
couple of years ago I bought an ankle-grinder (well, if you're not
careful) for less than twenty quid, and it had two diamond cutting
wheels and six ordinary ones of three different thicknesses.

At Christmas, I bought for twenty-four pounds a hand circular saw from
Maplin. That had two blades with it, one of them with carbide-tipped
teeth.

So, have a look around: buying a new one will certainly be cheaper than
the minimum charge a firm will make for just *LOOKING* at your B&D.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig