Old 24-02-2006, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default birds

In article .com,
Gardening_Convert writes
I just had a brief conversation with someone who basically said 'where
have all the birds gone'

Apparently there doesn't seem to be the amount of birds out there that
would normally be expected.

I haven't really noticed a lack of birds but out of interest I thought
I'd ask the group if you have noticed any shortfall in birds around at
the moment.

I'm located in Reading , Berkshire

Amersham: 2 freezing degrees this morning...............
We had 18 collared doves at once this morning plus thrush, robin,
blackcap, blackbirds, sparrows, dunnocks (up to about 20 at a time
sometimes) plus 6 long tailed tits, several gulls and nearly a heron.
We seem to get loads of birds though we do have one of them there
candelabra jobs with two HUGE feeds on them, 1 coconut with fat, 12
small feeders anda table, a nut cage and a fat ball hanging from the red
oak.

No scarcity here then ...................
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association