Old 24-02-2006, 02:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jack

Default white pine

Get your soil tested by the local extension. its worth the $10.
Pinching new growth helps the tree out as well.
Pines are slow vertical growers.
Also, if you are getting pine weevils killing the main leader, use some
merit. It can cause spider mites, but will help kill the weevils.

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
2 years ago I bought 3 white pines (about 4 feet tall) One died same
year. After digging it out I noticed that when balled, the grower
severly cut the center root. I believe this caused the tree failure.
The remaining 2 trees have not grown an inch. I believe their center
roots have been cut too. Is there anything that I can do to turn this
trees around? I treated both with liquid root stimulator last spring,
but no growth.