Old 24-02-2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
simy1

Default Mail order source for quantity discount of mint plants?

Fragile Warrior wrote:
Hi all,
I want to run mint along a very long fence line this spring (100'+ or so)
and I was wondering if there is a good mail order source for lots of plants
with maybe a discount for quantity. I'd really love chocolate mint but
I'll take the other kinds, too.

If I could find it growing wild, I'd steal it in mass quantities but so far,
no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

you only need 10 to 20 plants, so you are angling for a few dollars
discount. One plant covers a square yard in about two years. Make sure
you can mow on either side of the fence line. 10 to 20 plants are
nothing for someone who has an established stand, it's the vegetation
of about half a square foot.