Old 09-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Scale Help

Hi Batr and all IBC'ers:

I assume you are asking because of an infestation of Scale. I think the
best solution is not getting them in the first place. ;-)

Seriously, I used to have an oscilating fan blowing above the plants to
move air around, but I found out by experimentation that the plants have
less infestation of any sort (in my tree/green house) if the fan, while
oscilating blows directly on the trees,

Best regards,

Carl L. Rosner

Bart Thomas wrote:

I have been all over the net looking for solution to problems of scale
infestation.

So far, the most comprehensive statement I have found is in an article by
Carolyn Carver (Jim Moody's daughter) at the ABS site:

http://www.absbonsai.org/training/training.html

Are there any effective treatments out there? How about systemics?

Thanks.

Bart Thomas

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++