Old 09-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Sean Nemecek

Default [IBC] Scale Help

Bart,

A few months ago I aquired a tree that was massively infested with scale. I
used a solution that I heard of from this group. Here is what I did:

1. Removed all visible scale from the tree using tweezers. (took 3
hours).

2. Treated with a homemade insecticide.
2 Tablespoons vegitable oil
2 Tablespoons dishwashing soap
1 Gallon water
add 2 teaspoons of rubbing alchohol just before application.
Spray on tree.

3. Repeat treatment 10 days later.

I haven't seen any scale since. By the way, it also works for white fly,
fungus gnats, and many kinds of aphids.

A couple of my Ficus lost their leaves after treatment but the rest of the
Ficus and the rest of my trees do not have any side effects.

Hope this helps,
Sean Nemecek - Cadillac, MI - Zone 4b or 5a

"When growth ceases decay begins."

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++