Old 09-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Brian Watson

Default garlic chives

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
news
In article , Brian Watson
writes

"shazzbat" wrote in message

OK, so "good for cooking", but any idea if one is better than the other

for
slugbait (which is where we came in)?
--

I've never had a problem with slugs on chives (nor on Allium moly)
though now I come to think of it, I did have a problem with tree onions.

My guess would be that garlic chives would be strong enough tasting to
be OK.

But where we went with this was that they were found to be so attractive to
slugs that the little darlings would throw themselves on slug pellets to get
at them.

See Mike Gilmore's posting. It was only yesterday...

--
Brian
"posting from Sutton, Winner of the English and Welsh Village of the Year