Old 26-02-2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Richard

Default Miltassia Royal Robe - flower spikes not growing?

Back in September, when I was bringing in my Miltassia Royal Robe "Jerrys
Pick" I noticed that I had 3 spikes starting from the new growth. They were
tucked between the layers of leaves covering the pseudobulb. I tucked it in
among some other plants under fluorescent lights near a south window and
forgot about the spikes until today when I was moving the plants around and
saw that the Miltassia was putting out new growths. That's when I
remembered the spikes, and looking between the leaves, found the spikes
almost as I remember them in September. Does this hybrid take a long time
to spike? Waiting for spring? Thanks

Richard