Old 10-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Martin Sykes

Default 'Covered' Walkway

I've got a path running along the back of a border which I'ld like to make
into a bit of a feature. I was thinking along the lines of posts set
alternately either side of the path with wire up them and zig-zagging
between their tops, up which I'd grow a variety of fragrant climbers.

Q1: How high should I build it to stop the climbers/wires getting in peoples
faces?

Q2: If I fix the posts with met-posts ( I really don't want to concrete),
will the tension in the wires between their tops be too much and end up
pulling them over?

Thanks,

Martin