Old 10-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Treating water

I think some people here use Pythons for larger size tanks which are
basically just long hoses pumping water from your faucet into the tank. If
you live in Melbourne this setup would be fine, just adding a bit of stress
coat/chlorine remover to the tank. Sydney might be a different matter with
higher chlorine levels. Not sure about the other states but otherwise you
could just get a couple of big empty pickle buckets from your local Maccas
and use a brief bleach, vinegar and then water soak them for a few days and
then use them to aerate water overnight for your tank.

"Poe Lim" wrote in message
How are you treating water for your larger tanks? Currently I only need to
store 12L of water per water change (for 25% change), this is not a

problem,
as I run it through a 2 stage filter, and leave it in the bucket

overnight.
But in the anticipated larger setup, the 25% change works out at 50L, and

don't particularly want multiple buckets around. So are you just filling
your tank and putting in the dechlor, or is it buckets?

--
Cheers,
Poe

to send email, add "email" to the end of oz